About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, November 14, 2015

I am a tree-hugger horse person



I read this good article on Facebook first and my response to it is below.

A Natural Trim on Your Barefoot Horse. Is Best Done by You

http://www.soulfulequine.com/natural-trim-your-barefoot-horse/

I guess I am one of those tree-hugger horse people and am proud of it! I have been trimming my barefoot horses for many years and with no regrets. 

My horses have never been lame, never have abscesses, and frankly, have never had any other issues related to the hoof that many horses unfortunately experience. When needed, I have used hoof boots; I prefer Old Macs. 

My practice and principles have extended to all ages and several breeds too, Thoroughbreds, Arabians, Quarter Horses, Mini horses....you get the idea. It offers my horses great care, gives us time together, helps build our relationship, and much more. It is not just a trim but an experience that impacts them in many levels. 

Yeah, at Natural Horse Lover Farm, we live outside the box and color outside the lines, with principles and purpose, we have fun and enjoy ourselves daily. I used to live the traditional way and practiced everything horse the way everyone else did but no longer and I have never looked back. 

Everything I do with horses now has a reason behind it, is natural (to the best of my ability), keeps the horses dignity, spirit, and health intact, principles before goals always, and thankfully, we are living happily ever after in our fairytale life. ❤️

No comments: