About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Any horse time is time well spent


Left to Right: Whiskey, Fosse, Lola

My time at the barn tonight was spent cleaning an ugly bite wound on Whiskey (thanks to Lola), and grooming out his fairy knots. The bite is not the first and won't be the last as he is the lowest horse in the herd. I have seen a chicken boss him around! This horse also has a gorgeous black mane that loves to twist. Then, back to the house. My barn time is limited at the moment due to pneumonia (which meant I also had to wear a mask while in the barn). 

No matter if I have five minutes or five hours, horse time always makes me feel great. My body and soul feel balanced, happy, and perfectly aligned with the universe. I know that I connect with them on a different level than most people recognize and the experience is always genuine and unique.

The next time you are with your horses, pause and experience the moment, connect with it, hear and listen to the sounds, smells, feelings, and energy sensations. You won't regret it! Then, take time to process everything. Each time you engage, the experience and your relationship will be that much more gratifying. 

No comments: