About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, August 14, 2015

Communication is Responsibility



Today, there is a post going around Facebook from a horse clinician that says, "I am responsible for what I say. However, not what you understood." I bring this up because I believe many of you will see and read that statement. 

I have to disagree with it.

We are responsible to ensure that what we say provides a clear understanding of the meaning of the message. Interpretation of said message is perhaps where a miscommunication will occur.

All too often people make statements, are not thorough in their thoughts or delivery, (among other things) and wonder why people (or animals) misconstrue the meaning, intent, and/or the desired reaction. 

As a professional in higher education, I see all too often that communication is the one thing people need to continually work on, individually and in groups. It is a never ending process and something that should be continually improved.

Communication and relationships go hand in hand. Let's not dismiss the important and vital responsibilities of all parties involved. (And, if you want to learn how to be a better communicator towards people and/or animals, let me know. I would love to help.)

No comments: