About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Reiki is Magical



Do you want to hear something weird? Here is the background. (FYI - I am a USUI Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher.) Okay, so I have hay fever from Saturday where I got a face full of dust and hay when I was retrieving hay for my horses from the hay loft. I am coughing. sneezing, runny nose, the works! It almost looks like a cold but I know better. I have done this before.

I was very concerned yesterday because I had a new client coming for a 90 minute session. The session was for Reiki but we ended up adding added crystals too during the last 30 minutes (because I felt they were necessary - no charge for the addition if you were wondering because it was something I recommended on the fly during the session).

Anyhow, I made sure I had cough drops, water, tissues, etc. ready in case I needed them. I also did a very brief Reiki session on myself (like 5 minutes). Normally I would have just rescheduled but she was from out of town (7.5 hours away) and her situation is serious and there was no rescheduling. When my Reiki client and her mom arrived (mom was a support/spectator for her grown daughter who asked me to give her a session and paid for it), I explained my hay fever situation and they were supportive and wanted to proceed.

The mother sat in a rocking chair near my wood stove and got comfortable. When I started the session, I stopped sneezing, coughing, etc. It all stopped. About 10 minutes after they left, It all started up again! WEIRD and WONDERFUL. I suspect the meditative state was part of this wonderful puzzle.

The client and mother both experienced different emotional releases and states of calm reporting that they enjoyed the experience very much. I was able to share a variety of experiences and images, thoughts on the treatment, etc. So, the session was excellent and very touching actually.

Have I told you how much I love Reiki and how I know it was the path I was destined to be on? :)

No comments: