About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The barn is coming along nicely...



More progress on the farm in the lounge (classroom) space. I know, our project has been a long one but, it has been worth the time....remember take the time it takes and it takes less time! Well in our case, it will take less time because we are doing it right the first time and not going into debt to do it! 

My in-laws have been helping with the project.  My mother-in-law has been sanding various parts of the project including the part of the arena that was not done last year, the lounge, wash rack, and entry way, she sanded out log bench, and even the legs on the sink! She paints too and does much more. Rick's dad has also been helping by moving dirt and creating our precision pen, expanding turnouts, working on the social space by the pond, and much more. 

This space in the photos below shows the wash rack (12'x12'), an entry way (6'x12'), and the lounge (18'x12'). The lounge has 5 regular windows, a door, and a large viewing window. It may all be hard to imagine with these photos so come visit and see it in person! There is a lot more to go but we are truly making progress.












No comments: