About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Monday, August 04, 2014

It's a horse, no it's a fish, really, it's a horse


This is Lola and she loves water.  I swear she'd swim in her water bucket if she could! Although online in this photo, she has played many times at liberty in this pond as well. During this play time, she walked in the pond with the water up to her belly, swished her face in the water, and truly had a great time.

How are you horses in the water?  I can say that Fosse and Whiskey are not like Lola but, I have not taken the time to work with them on that either. Horses are skeptical and claustrophobic and this skill takes confidence!  Here is a link to an article written by Pat Parelli on the subject. Crossing Water with Confidence.

If you want to work with your horses and try out our pond, are interested in a play date, clinic, or other event, let me know!

No comments: