About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Book Review: Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation for Animals (A guide for the consumer.)



As the title suggests, this is a book for the pet owner to use in their healthcare approach.  I would add that as with any animal medical need, consultation with your veterinarian continues to be warranted. Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation for Animals is an easy to read guide that covers a plethora of information beginning with an explanation of the overall topic to working through the steps and modalities in the field. The author gives you clear expectations to the recommendations and even covers alternative therapies (which of course I truly embrace). This book will allow the pet owner not only help in the care of their pet but, help them formulate questions and discuss options of care with veterinary professionals. The appendix covers many other resources and links to notes as an addendum to the information.  My only concern about this is that URLs break and information is easily lost on the web. So check those out sooner rather than later. One reviewer of this title suggests reading the first and last chapters and then search for the topic of interest.  I agree as this title can easily be considered a reference material rather than a cover-to-cover piece. The cost is affordable, electronic and print formats available, and a must have in every pet owner's library.

No comments: