About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, May 23, 2014

Read Labels and Be Clear About Your Expectations



Yesterday, I was in the local co-op and I came across the essential oils section. I just placed an order for YL oil products to assist my dog and an injury she has.  I am also awaiting my June Essential Rewards order to stock up the barn with some must-haves for summer (I will post later about that ). Anyhow, I decided to take a look - a week moment for me. The prices are much less than YL and my wallet is a bit dry with all of the barn projects. Anyhow, I know that many so-called pure oils out there are adulterated with synthetics and other things you don't want to know about. I smelled the peppermint and the aroma was chemical-like, not good, I smelled a few others and they were just off, they were simply harsh and chemical-like.  I won't divulge the brand because that is not fair nor my place. I was however, for me, quickly reminded that you get what you pay for. 

I also checked out a spray product for pets (flea and tick remedy) at another store and although there were essential oils in it (not sure of the quality but I know they were not YL), there were other ingredients that I didn't recognize and an FDA statement in the affirmative about it being a repellent which made me feel concerned.

I decided that I would not want to use something I could not identify on myself let alone my animals. I have stopped using chemical-based parasite remedies, I cannot tell you how foolish I felt. I want quality, purity, and safety in my essential oils and that is why I only use Young Living for my farm and family. I am so happy that read the labels and had this experience. It just confirms my desires for a holistic, healthy, and natural life for my family.  Please remember that you should always consult your physician or veterinarian about and medical matters and that my postings, although based on reference materials and shared information, are just opinions and experiences, not medical advice. Remember, when starting essential oils with your family and critters, go slowly, respect their reactions to different oils, listen and learn.

If you are interested in joining me and signing up, let me know. If you want me to host an online or in-person workshop, I can do that too! Let's talk, YLEO will truly change your world.

No comments: