About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

We are living life happily and naturally...or at least are working on it!


I am really excited because I've signed up for the Young Living Essential Rewards Program. In short, it ensures that I will always have YL products on hand, shipping is cheaper, and of course, I LOVE the freedom of online shopping! What is surprising and amazing is that I have the flexibility to change what is ordered each month and the date it is shipped - total flexibility! As an added bonus, with these automatic orders, I will be earning free products too. I want to build a house supply and a barn supply. I didn't do this at first but after using the products from my YL Premium Starter Kit, it became a no-brainer for Rick and I to enroll. There were several starter kits but the value of the premium one made sense to us and allowed for the most experimentation and discovery. I want you to understand, we have not gone into any of the lightly but we have seen differences and benefits for ourselves and our animals and you know me, I have to share!

Rick and I talked a great deal about this and realized for the expense of replacing chemical-laden products we use with Young Living Essential Oils and other YL products as similar in cost with the added benefit of going natural and less toxic in our lives. I even received a great booklet called , "The Chemical Free Home" by Melissa M. Poepping, CNHP from my YL Sponsor in the mail yesterday that has great home remedies using essential oils....it was a fun read! The goal for Rick and I is to change all that we do in our lives towards a more natural method whether it be for ourselves or our animals.  We typically live one with nature already but have recognized many things that we can still change. We also know that it is time for both of us to lose weight, eat healthier, and exercise...it all fits.

(If you were wondering, I have ordered Young Living's V-6 Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex, Slique Essence, Goldenrod Essential Oil, and Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste.)

As an update on use, last night I put Valor Essential Oil on Daisy again and she is doing remarkably well.  I have been able to discontinue the use of a pain medication that has serious side-effects with great success.  I monitor her closely however and do believe that there is a place for holistic and modern medicine - sometimes they need to marry in the treatment, sometimes not. I used PanAway Essential Oil on Rick's thumb again.  It flared up after a hard day's work, otherwise, he has been fine since the original treatment several days ago.  He reported that it is still sore but better and asked for another treatment tonight. I also used Peace & Calming Essential Oil on myself before bed and slept great until the smoke detector battery died and started beeping!  I wonder why this always happens in the middle of the night?!

As for the horses, I have not experimented much yet.  Frankly, the temperatures have been really cold and work has been hectic as the University just finished dead week and is not into finals week.  I have ideas and plans though and will keep you posted, of course! 

No comments: