About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Monday, November 11, 2013

Ah, the Universe...


Good Evening my wonderful readers. Today was interesting and not once, not even once, did I feel feelings of frustration or aggravation. I was never upset and never felt negative feelings at any level, never felt impacted by stress, not once and this is a surprise.

Today, my husband did not feel well, I woke up a little later than normal, my Blazer broke down on the way to work, in an intersection, I sat through a major budget meeting with my colleagues (deans and directors), led by my Sr. VP/Provost boss... and watched others get really upset, yelling, sighs of frustration, the works. I then had to deal with major issues with our integrated library system, pull together a presentation in an hour and a half for a grant proposal presentation this afternoon, etc., etc. I credit feeling more balanced to my new dedication to Reiki.

When I got home, I had to clean the barn and decided to do Reiki to each horse. Fosse my Arabian gelding, left-brained-extrovert, seemed skeptical and fearful, I used approach and retreat but ultimately decided to leave him be for now. Whiskey my half-Arabian gelding, right-brained-introvert, seemed calm and appreciative, I was unclear when we were done but needed to move on. Finally, Lola my Quarter Horse mare, left-brained-introvert/extrovert, seemed appreciative, I concentrated on her leg, she was the only one clear about when we were done.

In any event, I still don't always know if I am harnessing "the power" but, I just keep at it. Are you ready for level 2 yet? I feel like I am craving more information!
 

No comments: