About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, September 07, 2013

No matter how slow, keep going



Another step towards assessment has been made. I finally purchased a saddle for Lola. This has taken years and yet I still felt guilty. Every time I had the money to move forward, something else would come up and although a priority to me, it took some time to happen. Each time I thought I'd be able to make the purchase, an animal would require a seriously expensive vet visit, my vehicles would need work, etc. There was always something. There is probably a reason and so who am I to question the Universe.  I feel sometimes like I am in slow motion!

Anyhow, yesterday, albeit reluctantly and with some trepidation, because I once again felt guilty, I bought a black, Wintec 500 Wide, 18", flocked saddle, along with a black, Wintec Pro chafeless, elastic, dressage girth, black, Wintec Slimline stirrup straps (I assume not called leathers because they are synthetic), and black, MDC Ultimate Stirrups. I plan to use my Parelli Theraflex saddle pad. I chose this as the best option since I cannot easily justify the expense of a Parelli saddle (which I'd love). I was told years ago by several Parelli professionals that this saddle would work well and so here I am! Now, let's just hope she is not hateful to ride when it comes! LOL

In all seriousness, I've been putting the pieces in place for success and having fun too. The laminated tools came out great and just need to be mounted. The camera appears to be in working condition too. Rick has agreed to help with taping as well. 

Yesterday we had fun with the horses. Rick was jogging around the paddock with a bucket of apples

and "accidentally" dropping them here and there. Fosse and Whiskey started eating, Lola thought it was a fun game of chase. It was interesting to watch someone else (Rick) interact with my horse. I saw something different from this perspective, something really good, I saw play drive.

So anyhow, that's the update. Just remember, "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying." --Tony Robins

Have a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes! Love the attitude! It will all pay off, I'm sure of it. :)

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks, Melissa!