About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Working on my Level 3 Parelli Auditions - Finally!


I am putting this out here to you all and the universe as a way to force the issue with myself. As of this morning, I have decided that I've let far too much time slip away with my auditions for a variety of typical reasons that I doubt I need to go into. Therefore, as a way to have a goal, as a way to be motivated, I am officially working on my Level 3 Parelli Auditions.

A few things come to mind when thinking about doing this.  I really dislike being on video. This is a total body image problem and I know that it is another thing in my life that I have to deal with (again). That said, watching the video will be like judging and I believe that I will be able to be objective. I also far preferred the old auditions where you did an entire level on one tape. Those felt more like I accomplished something I guess but, this is out of my control. I also plan to dress the part by dragging out my breeches and other horse-related attire.  I think dressing the part is part of the success piece.  If you recall the last post with the idea of fake it until you become it.  Well, becoming it is also dressing the part which should make me feel the part (kind of like how I noted in the last post that the arena felt like a proper space).  I know, totally mental! LOL  (I just hope my breeches still fit.) All well, here we [my horses and I] go! Feel free to check-in and keep me accountable!

4 comments:

horsegirlonajourney.com said...

Awesome! I look forward to following along.

I too have felt the recent need to regroup, look at my self-assessment checklist, and fill in those holes so that I can complete my Level 2 Freestyle audition. (I've passed the on-line half.)

Go us!

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Definitely GO US! Keep me posted! :D

Janine said...

Just go have fun and don't even think of the silly video. You will look great!!!

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks for your confidence in me, Janine. :)