About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, August 02, 2013

Horse Show Judging!


I had fantastic day judging the 4-H English Show on July 31st and the Open Mini Horse Show on August 1st at the St. Lawrence County Fair this year. I have judged fun shows before but am not a certified judge (although I think I would like to be.) Prior preparation for me is to review the association's rule book and have it with me on show day along with a class list, patterns, and any other documentation I need to support the event.  I not only judge but take the time to make comments and suggestions to the competitors.  I reminded them all that the event was to be fun, educational, and to be sure to keep the idea of principles before goals in the forefront of their minds. I saw a lot of excellent sportsmanship, horsemanship, and relationships. I had two minor parent issues of interference but they were easily handled. Overall I had extraordinarily positive feedback from trainers, coaches, show personnel, exhibitors, and parents (including several thank yous and hugs.) I am very proud to have been part of these events and look forward to getting to know more horse people in the region. These kids truly understand what I said about principles before goals and keeping their horses dignity in tact. Very nice. I also saw a lot of areas that I believe I can help them improve upon......my clinic wheels are turning...stay tuned! (I have another show to judge on August 24th for the St. Lawrence Valley Horseman's Association.  I am really looking forward to it.)




No comments: