About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Friendly Game - It comes in handy!

Image from: click here

I wish that I had a camera or video camera yesterday (and someone to record of course).  I played the friendly game with all three horses and the hose! It was hot and we were all feeling miserable.  I started filling the water tank and showered my own head off - it felt great.  Then, I decided to get a halter and lead line out and Lola offered to be haltered.  I hosed her off and she rather enjoyed it (her head after a little approach and retreat).  Whiskey came up to us and asked to be hosed at liberty and so I hosed him off too.  I also haltered him and hosed him a bit more for good measure.  Fosse played hard to get so I played catching game and walked away, ignoring him completely.  He then stopped his shenanigans and asked to be haltered, we walked over to the hose and he got his shower.  By the way, these horses were even drinking from the hose and playing with it!

All-in-all, this was a good albeit short play time in between a million other chores that I was doing! BTW - I can put fly spray on all three horses at liberty too -- this was not the case in the beginning.  Years ago, Fosse in particular acted like I was trying to kill him!  It is nice to see that all the work that I put in made such a difference for everyone concerned. :)

So how good are your horses with the hose or fly spray even?  Do you have issues, what are they?  If not, what strategies have you used to be successful?

1 comment:

stablesoft-europe.com said...

By using modern tools and hardware, you are able to fix stable mats at colt's shelter. In this way, you are able to provide protection to your colt against injuries.


Stable Mat

stablesoft-europe.com