About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Using MOOCS for Horsemanship?



How many of you feel like you are in the lonely barns and just want someone to bounce ideas off and to play horsey?  You are not alone! That said, sometimes this is just not always possible.  The following article, "Meetups and Online Students: Online Doesn’t Mean Alone" was brought to my attention by its author, Sarah Young and it got me thinking.  We have resources like MeetUp and Parelli Connect, Facebook, and the like but being connected is difficult.  Perhaps the creation of a MOOC would be beneficial to the horse world, particularly those of us living the dream, alone and disconnected from our peers (geographically anyway). I'd love to be an instructor able to offer clinics and the like but also be able to offer course content from anywhere...would you take a horse MOOC? Do you see any benefits from this venue? Take a look at the article and let me know what you think....it sounds a little weird but why not!

No comments: