About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Sunday, April 28, 2013

The weather finally warmed up...sort of.


In the photo from left to right: Fosse, Whiskey, Lola enjoying fresh hay and a new, good weather hay feeding location.

The weekend was a long wonderful two days of working on the farm...I feel so happy to be outside again. Rick and I worked on the paddock, stacked firewood, cleaned the hay loft, hauled hay, relocated the hay feeder, and much more.  I also trimmed hooves...my muscles are still burning (I will never do this for a living).

The sun is shining, temperatures are up, and everything seems a bit nicer these days (or most days anyway - we are still blessed with beautiful gray days). The list of to-do items seem about a month behind schedule and very long but, who's counting! Anyhow, contractors are starting to come out and give estimates again and Rick and I are working on a schedule to complete work. It is taking time, more than perhaps other people and their projects but, we know we are doing it right and we have a lifetime to enjoy it.

So on the current list is to: (not necessarily in this order)

  1. Put fencing back up (was removed for the project).
  2. Varnish stalls and other wood in the facility.
  3. Install mats and move horses in!
  4. Road fabric, gravel, and board fence around the arena and barn.
  5. Spread out 25 huge loads of dirt and fill around the building.
  6. Install french drain in front of horse barn.
  7. Install electricity, plumbing, and heat.
  8. Install outdoor vault toilet (pending approval - still a thought in progress)
  9. Remove gravel in aisle and incomplete area in horse barn, prep site and have concrete floor poured.
  10. Complete classroom/lounge space.
  11. Complete wash rack space.
  12. Complete entryway/tack area.
  13. Mineral oil arena.
  14. Complete paddock renovation from turnout/play area to precision pen.
  15. Put outdoor playground back together.
  16. Create dressage arena (may need to clear trees).
  17. Install round pen (either reinstall temporary pen or get metal panels - which may wait until next year).
  18. Landscaping everywhere.
  19. Build new chicken coop and facility.
  20. Have fire department come out to burn huge brush/tree pile.
  21. Seed big field and around new pond.
  22. AND MORE, MORE, MORE (The list never ends.)
I don't think I ever realized how much would go into building our farm (or paradise as we like to think of it)  but, I also have other projects going on simultaneously   We certainly will never be bored or go on vacation! LMAO. Hopefully I'll actually find time to play with the horses and ride! I keep telling myself all in good time but there are days where I think I'll never get back to regular horse time. I know, irrational and I should be thankful but, sometimes I just want to be selfish! :)


By the way, if you haven't read the other posts, we are trying to get a technology grant as part of  Intuit's Small Business Growing Strong campaign so if you haven't voted yet, please do - daily and share! Wish granting starts on May 6th! VOTE DAILY AND SPREAD THE WORD! Thank you!


Our Proposal: The mission of Natural Horse Lover Farm is to provide comprehensive knowledge resources and services to support the learning and development of the horse-human relationship no matter the discipline. We encourage this through engagement utilizing studies in horse and human psychology. We are dedicated to offering collaborative support for exploration, discovery, and life-long learning skills to all members of the horse community interested in a natural path. Our wish is to have the ability to equip our classroom and facilities with technology to support our mission and clientele.


No comments: