About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Seven Games Are Important!




Here is a great example of why playing the seven games (about million different ways) is important for your horse. (These are traveling via airplane.) Now, I've never flown a horse before and I'm told there are many different configurations for such a journey.  The image above it to press a point that the seven games and horsemanship is way more than riding. These are close and potentially frightening quarters, could your horse handle it?  Could you?

When we moved from Virginia to New York, my horses were shipped ahead of me.  The hauler was Parelli Level 1 at least but still, his goals were put in front of his principles and rather than allow me to take the time it takes with the last horse to load (we were sending three), he shoved me out of the way and made a good situation horrific.  I am only thankful that when I was able to take the situation back over, that my horse and I had the language foundation *the seven games) to work together and resolve the conflict. The trailer was nice but not exactly a pent house in size.  My horse knew how to load but did not trust the leadership of the hauler. Anyhow....

Remember, the seven games are not seven tasks or boring tortures, be provocative, creative, and explore the thousands of ways to play with your horse....change the order, experiment, the only limitation is you! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Amen!