About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Principles Before Goals for The Best Life Ever


I always remind people that one of the tenants of natural horsemanship is "principles before goals." I learned this from Pat Parelli long ago and truly believe it. All too often, I see horse people putting their goals before their principles and sacrifice their horse in some way to achieve them. It is a sad state of affairs and another example of human greed and ignorance. Repeat after me and 
believe it, live it, always, "principles before goals, no matter what, period, no buts about it!"

prin·ci·ple/ˈprinsəpəl/
Noun:
1. A fundamental truth or proposition that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behavior or for a chain of reasoning.
2. A rule or belief governing one's personal behavior.

This morning, a few Parelli friends posted this on their Facebook walls and I wanted to share with you all. Thanks everyone!

"Goals are a means to an end, not the ultimate purpose of our lives. They are simply a tool to concentrate our focus and move us in a direction. The only reason we really pursue goals is to cause ourselves to expand and grow. Achieving goals by themselves will never make us happy in the long term; it's who you become, as you overcome the obstacles necessary to achieve your goals, that can give you the deepest and most long-lasting sense of fulfillment." ~Anthony Robbins

No comments: