About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, September 21, 2012

Like Us!


Well, the work continues at the farm, slow but moving along.  With the weather changing and the semester in full swing, summer is clearly gone.  I feel sad because it was so busy and not with horse-related fun. Everything is find of course but, the horses won't make it in the new barn until spring. We still need to varnish the wood, get stall mats, level the ground, electric, water, etc. Being too cold to varnish, we've decided to do what we can but keep their existing housing in place for the winter and move them in afterwards.  The idea is to maintain the barn and do it right which means....patience. We will be able to use the indoor arena though so that is good. Although that wood won't be varnished yet, it is far less likely to become soiled unlike a stall's potential which is far greater.

I am now working on farm signage, a website, and other marketing pieces.  It is not easy for sure.  So many decisions and each is dependent on the other.Deciding what we will exactly offer is tricky.  We seek to limit ourselves to only people interested in natural horsemanship, period.  The idea for us is we'd rather have an exclusive clientele with the same principles or no clientele at all.  The farm is not our financial mainstay so, we have the luxury I guess. The new facility was built originally so that I could enjoy the horses more when the weather or my schedule interfered, not for a horse business per se.  But, now that we have it, it would be great to engage with like-minded horse people. I am thinking about hosting Parelli clinics and other educational venues, play dates, local horse transport, and having educational events. Anyhow, still working at it, no rush.

I've set up a Facebook page for Natural Horse Lover Farm. Please consider stopping over and liking us!

https://www.facebook.com/NaturalHorseLoverFarm,

And, feel free to friend me on my personal page too if you wish

https://www.facebook.com/arabhorselover1

FYI--The new farm website URL is http://naturalhorseloverfarm.com/ it is not published yet but should be very soon.

No comments: