About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Still waiting...and a brief update



Well, I am still waiting for the builders to finish their work. I am hopeful that they will be done and gone this week.  Much more to do and probably a year before we are totally through but, that is just part of the fun! 

The horse are doing very well, look great, and are anxious to PLAY! I have been so darned busy, I haven’t even sat on my horse (any of them) since fall! OMG, so sad. I really miss having my friend Clare (a fellow Parelli enthusiast) nearby.  We had so much fun, pushed one another, and it was always a fun and safe environment. I have friends over the border in Canada but, they are all a good distance away which makes for a very long travel day (and that is without horses).  And, I am far behind on my Parelli studies....so much to do, I need a clone! LOL

By the way, Saturday morning I learned that I've finally started losing weight again and am actually down 10+lbs. In the afternoon, I put up 250 bales of hay, cleaned the barn, and was building a deck with Rick and his folks. I have been eating healthy for weeks and working hard to get back at my journey to better health and wellness. By bedtime that night, I felt so good that I downloaded a C25K ap on my iPhone and could barely sleep due to the excitement of what was to come.  I did C25K back in 2010 with Morgan and we loved it. Hopefully this time, I won't injure my back out which is what happened in 2011.

Sunday morning, Morgan and I went for our first, strong walk/run in ages. It was hard to finally get back at it and even harder to realize that when I started, I am not nearly where I was fitness-wise but, that is not going to be an obstacle, it is just a challenge. I think the best part was singing loudly and to Morgan when we were doing the walking part....it is a country road, nothing but deer flies out there so we can act nuts! :)

So, that is the update...a tad boring I guess but, that is it! 



No comments: