About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, June 16, 2012

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ I think my tractor's sexy! LOL ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬


Rick and I purchased our first tractor last night.  It is a compact YanMar (see above).  We are getting older, are really busy, and digging and doing everything by hand just isn't feasible anymore. Hiring every job out gets expensive and of course, you always have to wait.  So, we went ahead and made the purchase.  Financing tractors is really good right now, most dealers have 0% interest (in case you are in the market). The YanMar was on sale and at 0%...you just cannot beat that! I still need to get a brush hog and perhaps a few other implements, not sure yet.

Nothing going on on the barn build at the moment.  We are still in a holding pattern waiting for back-ordered materials. I did find a few more photos on Rick's cell phone (see below).  We plan to polyurethane the wood before using the facility so we have a lot of work to do once the build is complete! We are still waiting for an electricity and plumbing plan and estimate and I've not finalized anything with the sign yet.

If you were wondering, I've also not had any time to play horsey! It is just going to be one of those years I guess. I have been swamped with work, the projects, and well, time, never enough....maybe today, I'll at least sit on Fosse and feed him cookies! HEHE

Have a lovely weekend folks, more later!














3 comments:

Shannon :) said...

Do you want a laugh? Should I send you a picture of my compact tractor that is about 6 months old and exactly the same size?? LOL! Guess what - we are estimated to be under construction Aug 1st!! Woohoo! Your building (and your tractor) look gorgeous by the way ...

Shannon :) said...

Do you want a laugh? Should I send you a picture of my compact tractor that is about 6 months old and exactly the same size?? LOL! Guess what - we are estimated to be under construction Aug 1st!! Woohoo! Your building (and your tractor) look gorgeous by the way ...

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Separated at birth...lol