About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Sunday, June 03, 2012

Gardening and Barns, Good Times!


The barn project is going quite well.  Siding is up, roofs are in good shape, and the entire project simply amazing.  It's funny how this project is making people come out of the woodwork--including those that stop when they think we are not at home (a bit disconcerting really on so many levels).  We don't know everyone that is doing this, and some we do.  Slow drive-byes, people needing to turn around in our driveway, and the like. I fear that some fair-weather friends will appear too....hopefully not, I don't have time for that kind of behavior.  

Since starting the project, I've been asked all kinds of inappropriate questions including but not limited to people trying to inquire about how I am paying for the project, if it is going to be a so-called money-maker, and so forth! I mean really, whose business is this anyway--no ones! Why are people such busy-bodies? I mean really, I'd never so such a thing to someone. If anything, I'd be happy for them, period. 

In any event, things are going very well and my driveway gate is being installed.  Rick and I are very clear that we will be very selective about who comes to our place and what kinds of events we hold.  A bit horse-snobbish? Perhaps but, that is our prerogative, it's our farm. We have high standards and have no reason to change.  We really hope to host Parelli events and other educational-type events that are supportive of horses everywhere! We are not interested in events that we see as anti-horse and only pro-human. You Parelli folks know what I mean! :)

In among this big project, I've been working with my mom and Rick putting in the vegetable garden, including 10 raised beds. It is coming along nicely and we will be very happy for the food later in the season.  Rick cans and freezes our crops and we love to grow our own food...YUM.

So, please enjoy the latest photos and videos.  They are from the last few days. More to come!






















video video video video video video

No comments: