About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Great Mud Haul


The work restarted this morning.  We've had a great deal of issues with rain and mud.  Equipment got stuck, plans were thwarted but, we've moved forward nonetheless. The pond is in (refining to come later).  It is not as big as we had hoped but will work and be just fine. We will have to haul much more material in than expected.  There have been three dump trucks going in and out all day and the rain got worse as the day went on. Tomorrow, they will finish a sand and base material layer, road fabric, and then start hauling in blue stone (aka stone dust).

I've included several photos of the project, mud, trucks, sand, you name it!  Our place is completely trashed but, all for the sake of a great outcome. This project has been exciting, scary, depressing, and anxiety creating. I will never build a house, this is difficult enough! 

The builders are coming to postpone and come a week from Monday.  We need to finalize colors, place orders, and allow the ground to settle so, it is all good.  

I guess that is it for now, I am exhausted. Night all.













































No comments: