About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 21 - Can you say, tomorrow?


Image from an article about a barn build by Franklin Builders: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Bouncing-back-at-site-of-barn-collapse-1313780.php

So, it is day 21 since people started working on our property in preparation for the building and arena.  I suppose numbering the days is a bit unrepresentative of the project because there was more planing done than just a few weeks, this has been a life-long dream.  Rick remarked that every time he grabs a notepad he finds barn drawings in it! LOL Yes, I have been thinking about this since I was a child.

The site is dry as we've had no rain for days. The pond area (which they won't be dealing with) is also looking good.  There is a natural spring feeding it and last night, the frogs were having some kind of party out there! There is clean-up that will happen after the builders leave so we will see Irvin again. We suspect a culvert may have to be installed near the pond, under the dirt/gravel driveway that leads out to the big field.

The builders arrive tomorrow morning between 8:00 am -9:00 pm.The crew will bring in a camper to live in and for the next three weeks. This is exciting! Rick will be taking photos and video and I'll be reporting...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Sonshine said...

I am so excied for you! It has always been my life long dream to build the perfect barn. I would always have my Papaw build little toy barns for my Breyer horses. Congratulations on living the dream!

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thank you! I still don't feel like it is real. :)