About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Day 2 - Raining but work still progressing


Well today is day two and we woke up to a rainy day.  Fortunately, most of the land that is being worked on drains well and the work continued.  The project today was the removal of junk trees and debris in the region where the pond is going.  We will be using that material for fill on the barn project. Included on this post are some photos from that mess.  There is much more work to do including the removal of the soil but all in good time. I also noticed, when pulling in this evening, that the chicken coop definitely needs to be moved (and we already have a plan for that). Rick worked with the excavation crew and they are piling trees and brush out in our big field with the thought that next year, the fire department can come out and burn it all in a huge fire...great training opportunity for them.  And, for a mere donation, I can get rid of the pile.

I went to work as usual and again, a standing room only library during finals week.  I also had the opportunity to talk with the building assessor/code enforcement officer again, the building company again, a sign designer, my accountant, and a local John Deere dealer about a hay elevator (and a local guy about a used one).  So, Rick and I both have our jobs and everything is rolling along (he is totally exhausted, I feel bad about that).  The builder mailed the plans and emailed some information today that I look forward to reviewing.  We are all on the same page with the design, budget, and schedule.  Although this is stressful, I think the process is going smoothly and that I am working with the right people. We are all working and communicating, a perfect partnership! :)

On a side note, I have been doing well getting in exercise and eating the best I can.  I even went to the gym today after work! I am being flexible with myself and not falling into the negative self-talk vortex.  Things are simply good right now, very good. I hope you are all well and enjoying the ride with me (the farm development project as well as the healthier me journey).










No comments: