About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, April 14, 2012

My dog made me do it!

So last night, when we went up to the barn to feed horses and lock up the chickens and guinea hens, Morgan, my great Dane told me that we needed to start running and walking together like we used to. :) So, this morning, we restarted the C25K (Couch to 5k) program. About two years ago we did this and were able to run it by the end without any trouble.

This morning, that workout KICKED MY BUTT---YIPPIE!!! It was fun, really hard, and a humbling reminder just how out of shape I am. I feel ready to get back to my thinner me! I know, you've heard this before but, for me, this is apparently a life-long journey. Endorphins are amazing...and so is my partner, Morgan. We ended up doing our 30 min walk/run circuit and walked an additional 20 minutes. There were several times I thought I'd die, that I thought I'd never get through the running intervals but, we did it! Running on pavement up and down hills....or walking for that matter....creates must more friction and intensity in comparison to a treadmill and is much harder. When the workout got really difficult (I was struggling to breath, was coughing, sweating, the whole nine yards), I visualized my horses and remembered how much they will appreciate me getting healthy, again. I also remembered that life is too short and as I see people my age unable to move or be active, I realize that if I don't start moving it again, I'm going to lose it and for me, that is not an option.

2 comments:

PeterC said...

Love it. I was just thinking this morning that now is a good time to start running again. I'm sure my pooch would like it too.

PeterC

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Go for it, Peter...as I sit here, legs still burning, lol.