About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Monday, November 14, 2011

Start Living Life...Enjoy Today


I read the quote that SparkPeople sent out today as a Healthy reflection piece. The challenge was to journal about it but for me, my blog is my journal (that is the point of blogs you know). Here is the quote,"Stop living life for what's around the corner and start enjoying the walk down the street." - Grant L. Miller, motivational guru

This quote truly hits home as I am always thinking about how I can improve myself and my farm, how things will only be better down the road when I get a new this or that, when I lose so many pounds, when I earn more money, etc. Unfortunately, this leaves me forgetting how good I truly have it. Forgetting that makes progress (think horse progress) almost paralyzing...and I just realized it! Wow, am epiphany...first one in awhile I think. LOL I need to work with and enjoy what I have today, plan for the future, and dream big, not just dream big and hope for better...does this make sense?

So today, I challenge you to reflect on the same quote, and cherish all you have now, embrace you ability to change the things you can and accept those things you cannot. Life is too terribly short to not see the forest for the trees.

3 comments:

inchwormwv said...

Hey Michelle, nice post. :-)

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks, Tenley. I hope you are yours are doing well.

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Please take the time to read this blog post by Lauren Barwick, Remembering West Point.

http://central.parellinaturalhorsetraining.com/2011/11/remembering-west-point/