About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, September 16, 2011

Decompressing...



Decompressing from a long, hard week...rode my horse, played with my dogs, now drinking wine and noshing next to a warm toasty fire (our first for the season thanks to Rick for making it). Horses are amazing and mine have been patient with my absence lately. My Sat-Mon were stellar, everything was great, work was super busy and productive (the way I like it), horse play, Zumba, Weight Watchers, fun with Rick, delicious gourmet meals, life was grand, and had I kept it up (health-wise that is), I'd have had a great weight loss for the week, Tuesday is a total blank, literally so busy I cannot remember it, and Wednesday was horrible on so many levels (and not all WW related--mostly work related), Thursday was tough, today a bit better.

Tonight, I am chilling out at home, doing what I want (including ignoring work stuff for once), and plan to not weigh-in tomorrow at the WW meeting. I know it won't be a loss and I have no reason to torture myself with a number that does not move or moves in the wrong direction. I have plently of other things going on to manage and a self-imposed left down is not my idea of loving oneself. Frankly my friends, by mid- week, my life was a mess and very difficult, I was a mess, I was human and fallible and on some levels, and at this point, I just don't care.

So tonight I am going to drink my bottle of wine and eat cheese and snacks, while sitting on my rocking chair in my riding pants, smelling like my horse, and finally feeling some sense of stress relief and control. I have to thank Fosse for allowing me to be his partner and for having fun riding around the property tonight--it was so much fun. I always feel like I am in another world, like I am free hen with the horses. I thank Rick for helping me finally feel better because he is the world's best husband and supports me through it all. And finally, I thank my colleague and friend Kevin for reminding me of what was truly important in life (my husband, animals, home, and all that I love). I look up to him because he;s mastered things I am still working on.

I'll try again this week, to be better in all aspects of my life, to give my 100% in everything I do, I promise.

3 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

mikexplorer said...

hi there.. you have a wonderful site.. i love reading your posts.. keep posting..

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks guys! I plan to start positng more often again. My apologies for the absence...life has been hectic!