About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life Seems Normal Again


I started attending WW meetings again this morning (something that helps me focus on my health and well-being). Rick is doing well and seems like his happy old self, and the animals are all acting like little angels. Somehow the universe has aligned again for us and life seems more normal. ❤

I have a great deal of work to do to get myself back to my lowest weight and best fitness level, then of course to get to goal once and for all. If you were wondering, I haven't been to a meeting since May 7th. I appreciated the hugs and warm welcomes I received from the group as if I was just on a long vacation, they are all are so sweet. I purchased the 3-month tracker as that is my most favorite method of tracking above online with my PC or smart phone. I believe the act of writing and reading a document has a very different and lasting experience. I've written everything down, planned my week, and feel confident that I can and will be back on track. Funny how a simple meeting adds so much value...must be the structure and accountability piece. (I experienced much the same with my horse group in VA. We would meet, challenge each other, and somehow that pushed the envelope increasing progress.) I am starting back at WW as if this was all new so, I am reviewing my introductory materials and set a 5% goal to be met by August 27th.

Rick has been in the process of adjusting medications, trying to mentally cope with less than good news, and getting himself back in the healthy living game as well. Reminders of mortality have a tendency to make people feel out of control but, together, we plan to live a long time, despite any recent detours we've had to face.

As far as the critters, all is well at Hidden Meadows. Everyone is snoozing with the heat and no one is fighting. Good enough for me! As with WW, I plan to review and play catch-up with my Parelli materials too...are you behind in your studies? Perhaps a little reading or videos is a good plan if it is too hot to do much else.

Thank you again for your friendship and support. If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know. I wish you all a happy, healthy, and long life full of love, fun, and horses!

2 comments:

Marion Princic said...

glad everything to hear everything is fine with you again :).
greetings from sweden
Marion & Milva

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks Marion and Milva, it is great to have things calming down. :)