About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Parelli Demo and Games!



Today, I attended a Parelli Demo and Games Foundation Fundraiser at Friendly Acres in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The event took a little effort to get to, 2 hours travel and a border crossing but, it was well worth it. The fundraiser was well attended (about 100 auditors and 20 participants) and hosted by 7 Parelli Professionals, Geneviève Benoit, Kari Bowser, Sandy Ruiter, Fawn Anderson, Ron Pyne, Judy Griffiths, and Jeanette Schevers.



I truly enjoyed this opportunity...savvy and support shown by all, no predators, just partners. It was a great opportunity to talk with other like minded horse people and professionals, to get ideas and motivation to go home and play horsey! Not your typical horse event. I stopped attending shows, trail rides, and other venues with horse people because of the lack of compassion and savvy, and because people cared more about ribbons and racing down the trail to beat others to the end than about their horses. I put principles before goals and so did the people at this event. It reminded me once again why I practice PNH and why I am a SCG member. When I got home, my horses all galloped up to me from the playground when they saw me in the driveway (I didn't even have a chance to call them), leaving their green grass behind, they wanted to say hello, get a scratch, and check in...oh what a great feeling that is, to have horses that are partners.


By the way, this is the first of many events of this type planned for Canada. If you are on the fence, consider attending the next one, you won't be sorry!

4 comments:

Marion Princic said...

oh i´m so jelous Michelle! i sure miss the canadian parelli crowd and wish i could have been there!

Alicia said...

You were there? So was I, but I was participating in the event. My ponies live about fifteen minutes away from Friendly Acres.

Alicia said...

You were there? So was I, but I was participating. My ponies live less than fifteen minutes from Friendly Acres. I hope you enjoyed your time in Ottawa.

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Yes! I really enjoyed the event. I would love to do something like that at my farm someday.