About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Parelli Colt Starting Naturally - WOW



So I've been watching the web cast of the Parelli Colt Starting Naturally Event that took place last weekend. Not only am I pleased to be able to enjoy this event, but the affordability couldn't be beat! For $29.95, I have been able to learn so much and never leave the comfort of my living room. I hooked my laptop to to surround sound stereo system and 52" flat screen TV and am enjoying the show! I will continue to watch the segments throughout the week.

If you haven't watched this yet, it is a must see. An awesome display of putting the relationship and the horse first. I am truly enjoying seeing Pat Parelli teaching students rather than just showing off his own skills. His horsemanship truly shines in this program. His kindness and knowledge are demonstrated and I can only image how helpful that is to his students and the horses they are working with. Everyone is doing well, learning a lot, and being respectful. No rules, no time limits, it is not a contest, just a place to learn, grown, and develop young horses. Thank you Pat!



If you were wondering, I've started a few horses in my day and certainly restarted many. I know from watching that I've been on the right track but need to really progress further in a more diligent manner (no more hesitation to move forward)....I am truly learning a great deal.

2 comments:

Julius Denver said...

Make the colt starting a great and fun experience for you and your horse. Never end on a bad note, always end on a positive. Your future performance horses will look forward to the next time you work with him.

Kimberly Taylor said...

It would really be great to opt for colt starting to better instill the skills, behavior and relationship for better riding.