About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Keeping it Real...My journey hit a speed bump

We falter and we fall, but we do not have to fail. We bounce back and resume our journey with renewed energy. That is the power of resilience.
—Edward Grinnan, author of The Promise of Hope
I truly need to believe the quote above because at the moment, I am fighting the feeling that I am a complete failure. Logically I know this is untrue but emotionally can be an entirely different story. My weight has crept up over the last 6 weeks to no one's fault but my own (well maybe Hershey's for making Reese's Peanut Butter Cups so delicious and addictive). I've allowed work-related stress be my excuse and have been making unwise choices. It is amazing how fast I can regain weight when I eat foods that are truly toxic and allergenic, when I over eat sugar and salt, and when I don't exercise (enough--I have to workout like a lunatic to keep things in check). Okay so all that said and out of the way, I am still smiling and moving forward, I have a great attitude, I really do....I will be thin, healthy, happy, and at goal this year, "come hell or high water", "Lord willing and the creek don't rise", and any other way you say it, I am doing it!....but the creeks are rising here really bad lately--another story all together.

Despite sliding backwards on my journey to better health and fitness (darn it), I am being honest and accountable, I am not giving up, and I am moving ahead. This is simply a speed bump. I've decided to continue my WW journey but online only for the summer (rather than meetings 20 miles away). I need horse time and with the weather we are having, I need all the time Ican get and want my Saturdays back. (Can you say commuting in a canoe is a possibility these days---RAIN!) Zumba classes are over at the University, the class at my gym got cancelled, and I won't be attending the Saturday class in order to save Saturdays for horse time. That said, I have plenty to do regarding activity (horses, go to the gym, exercise videos and Zumba at home, running and walking with the dogs, and so much more). I am resuming my journey with renewed energy, energy that my beloved husband, my horses horses, that my dogs and cat give me, an energy to know I am worth it and that I can move forward and find success, reaching my goal, by the end of the year.
For those of you on a similar journey, never give up, it takes a long time, dedication, a few falls, but, in the end, you'll be better for it. I'll keep posting here, keeping it real and honest...I hope that this sharing helps someone else other there because I totally understand how difficult it can be. (Most of us would pay millions for a do-over, lol.)
Just so I don't forget, these are the targets I did reach (even if I am not at all of them at the moment). Targets Reached: Journey Started 1/9/10; 5% Target 2/6/10; 10% Target 3/27/10; 15% Target 5/15/10; 20% Target 7/24/10, Onderland 12/11/10, 25% Target 12/18/10.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

As I have gotten underway with my WW journey and my future Walter Zettl lesson as my motivation - it suddenly hit me that lifestyle change takes a considerable amount of savvy. "Never try a trying horse" - in personal terms means to me that making lasting changes takes time and weighing myself down with lofty and overly ambitious goals - has the reverse effect. So I am trying to be kinder, softer, lighter with myself - just as I am with my horses.

Your perspective of dealing with your speed bump is amazing! In all honesty, it was a relief to read that your journey wasn't perfect and an inspiration to read how you handled it! You inspiring to many ... especially me! Your 7th Key to Success is Support and you have lots!

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thank you for reading and your kind feedback, Shannon. Learning to be savvy with one's self is a great anology and idea...thanks! I am workiing hard to geet bck on trckand feeling better if you were wondering. Also having great horse time...I have posts to write to share...soon!