About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, April 02, 2011

The latest, greatest, just a little update!



Fosse - Winter 2011

Well, it has been a while since I've posted and I do apologize. I've been swamped at work and just hadn't any time! Just this past week, I was getting up at 4am most days, going to the gym for the typical elliptical/treadmill/weight machines workout (90min) or Zumba class (60min), then work all day, Zumba classs (60min) after work, and home (where I'd do more work that could be actually work related or home related). I started running again (just at the gym for now) and am looking forward to picking it up again with Morgan (my great Dane) now that the weather is improving. I am also really looking forward to getting back to the horses!

Annie and Morgan on Our First Walk - March 2011


Morgan - Winter 2011

I mean, we've done little things together but, frankly, it has been a long, cold winter and I didn't have much time outside with them (as you all probably already know). A horse friend of mine told me yesterday that I need to just suck it up and just go outside (not perhaps in those words). I understand her point but felt bad about the comment. It made me feel guilty, like I was a bad horse person or something.



Lola and Annie - Winter 2011

Well, I don't know, since living in Virginia, maybe I've become a wimp but, I just didn't have any inclination to spend time outside in the wind and cold nor do I believe the horses would have enjoyed it much--but then again, I am probably wrong, they live out there! Had I an indoor arena, I know I'd have been doing more because I'd have been out of the wind at least. The horses are thriving and doing very well despite the cold. I am hoping to get out tomorrow and trim hooves, groom, and maybe ride--depending on the condition of the footing of course.



Whiskey - Winter 2011


I've finished the 28-day Cambiati Detox/Cleanse and feel better than ever! I feel so happy all of the time, healthy, and focused. My mind is clear, my body is feeling strong and fit, and my soul is glowing! This program was life altering for me, I know, crazy, huh? I've discovered so much about myself, above and beyond anything related to food, and I believe I am healthier now more than ever, mind, body, and soul. I decided to do another 28-day course so I immediately restarted the program. I am even coaching others through it now, very rewarding indeed. Kind of a pay it forward activity I suppose. If any of you are interested, just let me know and I can send you more information. This morning was my weekly Weight Watchers meeting. I find that although I enjoy the meetings, my needs and knowledge of myself and of foods, toxins, physical exercise and such, may have outgrown the core of that program. What I mean is that WW is a great program but more superficial regarding foods and nutrition. I am really working on understanding wholefoods, raw foods, the body and the impact of foods, the environment, the psychological ramifications, and other factors that affect the human body. However, I am continuing to attend meetings and weigh-in weekly to have accountability and accurately track my weight on a professional scale. I am proud to share that today's weigh-in was another milestone. I've reached an all time high (or low, lol) of 70.4 pounds gone! I cannot believe it! And, I am finally feeling like I've made true progress. What I mean is, I can finally look in the mirror and acknowledge a change. It has taken a long time for my brain to catch up with the reality of my transformation, quite an interesting situation really.

I have more to go and will be at goal this year! I have had a great deal of support from all kinds of people. Just today, I received this email--it made me feel so good! "Hi Michelle! Just want to tell you how beautiful you looked this morning! You had a glow about you! Your skin looks amazing! I'm sure it is the healthy diet and the detox that you have been doing! Keep up the good work! You inspire me and I'm sure many others! Because of you, I want to have an amazing week! Thanks!" --(name omitted for privacy)

I cannot wait to ride the horses---they are going to be so happy to have a lighter partner! Well, I guess that is it for this brief update, just working hard at the University, exercising & eating right, gearing up for the horse season, and enjoying my life! I hope you all are doing well and feeling great!

No comments: