About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Weekly Task Challenge: Emergency Preparedness

If you don't know what to do, have little time, or just feeling stuck, try the weekly task as a way to at least do something with your horse! (It just may motivate you to do more!)

Since the weather all of the world seems to be extreme in these last several weeks, it seemed only appropriate to have a weekly task that addresses emergency preparedness and horses! This week, review the links below, find additional resources, an evaluate your level of preparedness. Feel free to post here as a comment and share!

American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
A comprehensive index of emergency resources for horse owners and practitioners.

About.com Emergency Planning for Horse and Pony Owners
An article and guide to resources for disaster planning for families with pets.

NetPosse.com Stolen Horse International Inc. Disaster Planning Pays Off
And article including suggestions for emergency planning.

2 comments:

Parelli Central said...

I was thinking about you and Peter yesterday evening... it was so cold I had to get back in the car after feeding grain and before putting more hay out. Yikes! How can you guys stand this weather? I'm glad to hear it will be back in the 40's again this weekend :-)

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Well, Petra, I am buried under snow anad freezing!!! LOL :) In all seriousness, I guess I don't mind it all that much but, would prefer having an indoor arean at my place for winter playtime (and rainy weather playtime too).