About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Road to the Horse--Winner Chris Cox

The 2011 Road to the Horse Colt Starting Championship is over and the winner is... (third time in a row), Chris Cox. I didn't get to watch it but am hopeful for a dvd to purchase with the footage. I saw clips on Facebook of Pat with his colt and saw true horsemanship. Congrats to Chris for winning and to all three clinicians (Chris Cox, Pat Parelli, and Clinton Anderson) for making the world a better place for horses. Pat--I am a die hard for you and truly honored to be a Parelli student. I wish you'd have won but in the end, it is not about the blue ribbon, but about the relationship. Great job to all!

(By the way, Pat is bringing the horse home. *grins*)

From Pat Parelli - Fan Page on Facebook:
"A note from Theresa (for Pat): Partner (the colt) was very unconfident on his right side:bracing and bucking. Pat rode Partner in a hack in the 3rd rd comp today at a canter in both leads with rhythm and relaxation with NO bucking. Pat bounced the green ball to the top of Pat’s head on that right side: Partner was relaxed and interested. There wasn't a dry eye amongst our team. Pat exhibited a great deal of lightness!"

No comments: