About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekly Task Challenge: Winter Clothing

If you don't know what to do, have little time, or just feeling stuck, try the weekly task as a way to at least do something with your horse! (It just may motivate you to do more!)

Since it is so darned cold out, and many of us are reluctant to go outside and play with our horses, it occurred to me that perhaps we needed to review our own winter apparel! This week's task is to review what you have, what you are wearing, and search for some new, warmer duds! Share on here using the comments, what great, warm finds you've made. Then, make a plan to go out and play, the new, warmer you. :)

3 comments:

PeterC said...

Hehe, my PP got real cold this weekend when we did a lesson in the arena. I was toasty in my arctic quilted vest and a light coat. I love this vest in the cold and it makes a great in between layer!

PeterC

Lisa said...

I've found if I can block the wind then I don't mind being out.

Layering Irideon Supplex leggings with Kerrits Winter tights works wonders! When it's cold, I can easily wear both pairs of leggings and my breeches and it's not binding. No inside seams also means comfy to ride.

I have a pair of Dav rain boots that are perfectly water-proof, unbelievably cute and paired with hiking socks keep my feet and legs (up to my knees) warm. The best thing - the boots are equestrian-friendly and you can ride in them.

My favorite coat for the cold is my un-lined drover coat (Aussie oilskin). I can wear several under layers and then the coat blocks the wind and rain. It's a 3/4 length coat and keeps my legs warm in the saddle.

I have been toasty warm this winter, despite the colder temps we've been having. I know it doesn't compare to the frozen north but it's been pretty bad for us.

Lauren said...

I love Under Armor and Columbia clothing because it is lightweight and fitted. I hate feeling poofy! This year I got Carthorse Insulated Overalls and boy are they toasty warm. They can get a little heavy after awhile so I only use them on the colder days.