About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Sunday, January 16, 2011

We are FREEZING not playing :(

The horses are blanketed and I am in the house, again. It is freezing here and going down to -15 degrees Fahrenheit tonight. I know, I am originally from the north but perhaps living down south for several years did something to me as I am less and less inclined to venture outside. BRRRR. The horses are not shivering but also not overly amused with my absence...I miss them too.

So, what better to do but spend my time planning on projects for the impending spring. Rick (I mean Santa) purchased a 14' x 36' high-wall building which means all of the tools, equipment, and anything non-horsey will be leaving the barn and I will get to expand into the entire barn space (25.5' x 44')!!! Can you tell I am happy? Well so is he really. We are both simply thrilled.
I still really want to build an indoor arena but, now, I have even bigger (probably unrealistic) desires. If I could do anything, I'd build an indoor arena that also included a heated lounge, kitchen, bathroom, gym, and dance room. My idea is that I could offer fitness and fun for both horse and rider in a natural, welcoming environment. What do you think? Anyone interested in sponsoring this adventure? *wink wink* (I actually know of someone who somehow got a benefactor and is building a wonderful facility, a friend of my aunt's, how lucky is that?!)
In a more realistic move, Rick and I are thinking that putting in a proper outdoor, all-weather arena is possible and, getting the round pen panels this year are doable. We also have some fencing to install on the property line near our closest neighbors...that will be "fun." One step at a time!
Stay warm and always be savvy!

6 comments:

horsegirlonajourney.com said...

I would love a combination facility like that! Add in a place for a bed and a bookshelf and I'll just move in! LOL

Lisa said...

The more I read tales from the northern winter the less inclined I am to trade our sweltering summers for your frigid winters.

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

I asked Rick where he thought the best comprimise location on the planet would be...we are not certain but, I wouldn't trade it for the swealtering summers. :)

Lisa said...

When you have a covered, lit arena the summers aren't so bad. The arena gives shade and the lights allow you to play in the cool of the evening. Though I've not been in a long time, we also have trail areas where you can swim with your horse. So you can have your winters and I'll keep my summers.

Parelli Central said...

I vote for moving to a warmer climate in winter time! I'm for sure ready for it...

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Petra--If I could I think I would! I was asking Rick the other day of where we could like and it would be 70-80 year round! :)