About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Weekly Task Challenge: Ice - What are you doing to cope?

If you don't know what to do, have little time, or just feeling stuck, try the weekly task as a way to at least do something with your horse! (It just may motivate you to do more!)

Winter storms abound these days and ice is definitely an issue. This week's task is to share here, on the blog using the comments section of this post to share how you deal with ice and your horses! Tell us about what you do for your other pets too. We need to work as a group and solve this dangerous issue, ICE!

1 comment:

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

I use a non-skid rock substance for cows that is not salt based called sure-foot for the horses. It seems safe and has worked well (cheap too).

For the dogs, I use the blue, pet-safe granules for those icy spots near the house. I've used these at the barn too but, they are cost prohibitive for use in the horse area.

I also purchased dog boots for my Great Dane, Morgan for those times we can walk on the road. I wanted to ensure her feet didn't get hurt mby the rock salt.