About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Exercise Keeps the Universe in Balance



I'll tell ya, if you don't exercise please consider giving it a try. There are so many ways to become active! I find that exercise truly impacts my emotional and mental wellness not to mention my physical wellness. I woke up this morning kind of cranky, tired, and felt fairly out of sorts. Just 15 minutes into my 60 minute Zumba class this morning, I felt so much better, I felt wonderful, happy, and everything was just right in the Universe again. (Which could be why I put in 45 more minutes in on the elliptical and treadmill before leaving the gym). Tonight's exercise plan is to do a Leslie Sansone 5 mile workout and then try her Yoga DVD--I've never done yoga.

In any event, this feeling of exercise-induced euphoria (which I get every time I exercise) got me thinking about my horses and how they act and feel when they are regularly played with and exercised. Have you ever noticed how your horse is more able to focus on you and the tasks at hand when you're regularly playing with him? Perhaps it is because he is more mentally engaged because he is moving and exercising, and engaging his body and brain, getting the juices flowing! The body (horse or human) was meant to be in motion!

The issue becomes, especially now during the winter months, what to do when the weather and your facilities don't create the perfect place to have fun with your horse yet, you know you should be moving and shaking! Well, be creative. If you cannot ride your horse (let's say because of the footing), then hand walk with your horse (much like walking the dog), play the games with obstacles, and you can do more than just everything at a walk LOL. You both can get in a good workout with the benefit of a fabulous partner to do it with---now how cool is that?!

The point is, move yourself, move your horse, and just have fun! Before you know it, you'll be feeling great, gaining muscle, and if you are really good, losing those extra pounds. Just remember, to truly make activity in your life have an impact, you must go above and beyond the norm, the same applies to your horse. Simply "being" in not enough, make your time on Earth matter. What you do impacts everything, and to me, exercise keeps the Universe I live in, balanced. :) Be positive and progressive, take action find your creativity and share it with your horse!

♫♫♫ I Like To Move It Move It ♫♫♫
♫♫♫ I Like To Move It Move It ♫♫♫
♫♫♫ I Like To Move It Move It ♫♫♫
♫♫♫ Ya Like To (MOVE IT!) ♫♫♫

3 comments:

Tessa said...

Hi Michelle
My dad has a theory. He says inertia applies to people. So, people who don't move much will stay that way unless changes are made that cause movement. Same with people who move - people who undergo big life changes that make it harder for them to get out of the house will often stay in the house.

I also study coaching and there is the concept of "What is the value in what you're doing now? What is the payoff?"

This is good - If the payoff of sitting around is "not getting much done" then there's normally a lot of resistance to not getting much done (against values).

I love watching you come back to the value of being a better horsewoman feeling better.

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Hi Tessa--

I love your dad's theory and can say that I feel like a million bucks moving and horrible when I don't. Thanks for reading and following my journey!

-Michelle/arabhorselover1

Lauren said...

I just recently realized that while my left-brain introvert equine partner would rather NOT move, he *needs* to be mentally engaged. Not only does he want to play with me, he *needs* to play with me, to stay mentally stimulated/challenged. Otherwise, he gets bored and that shows up in his physical body. How interesting... Move it, move it! Keepin' It Natural - Lauren