About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Don't let minor set-backs stop your drive!

Just a quick post today...So, I've been on a 13 week-long self-imposed weight loss plateau. What do I mean? Well, I've lost and gained the same 5+ pounds for 13 weeks, never passing 60 pounds down. I am sure you can imagine how difficult this has been. In the past, I'd have probably given up. However, that is not what I did, Each day, I'd try to make the best decisions possible and push forward on this journey. I kept going to meetings, kept talking with my WW buddies, and just kept pushing. The reason why I say self-imposed is the fact that I've not been totally on track, slipping up, and just not as focused as I'd been. I can certainly list a bunch of reasons but, they are not the point of the post. The point is that no matter how hard life gets, if you want something bad enough, just don't give up (and this means you and your horsemanship too, folks). Keep at it, keep trying, and you will get there! This morning, at my Weight Watchers meeting, I finally broke through and am down 61.2 pounds! I am feeling really great too. When I ride or play with the horses I am more agile, I feel more energized and athletic, and am certainly more limber and fit. If you are even pondering losing a few pounds, just do it, go for it, you and your horse are worth the effort!

“Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.” --Anthony Robbins

1 comment:

Michele said...

Love the quote at the end. Love it.