About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Butterfly Effect

"Today scientists talk about the so-called Butterfly Effect. The theory goes that the wings of a butterfly beating in one part of the world can actually lead to changes in conditions many hundreds of miles away, even on the other side of the world. Everything in nature is, in some way, connected; every cause has an effect. In the same way, individual choices made by individual people – even insignificant people – can change situations and events, sometimes on a huge scale, and sometimes many miles away or many years into the future."

So, I was really jonesing for exercise! I cannot stand just sitting around to get well. Like I said before, I don't have time to be sick and it has been over a week! Now I haven't stayed home for a week but, I also have not been leading my normally active life. On a good note, I have been able to continue working on CU stuff in between naps and am not getting behind on my work despite taking a couple of days off to get well. It seemed fairly nice out today so I bundled up and take Morgan for a walk. I think we both needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air.

Once outside, Morgan and I decided, for better or worse, to do a walk/run. When I write for better or worse, I am referring to me being sick and she and I not doing this activity in so long that I cannot remember when we did it last. I chose to do the day 2 of week 5, C25K workout (5min fast walk, 8 min run, 5 min fast walk, 8 min run, 5 min cool down walk). I did stop a few extra times (like 30 sec each) to catch my breath and blow my nose and them resumed running!

Then, while doing our last run interval, the last part of it, we were catching up to a lady walking in the same direction, Morgan and I each were distracted for a split second and boom! She tripped me (while the lady was watching), and I fell on the road, splat! How embarrassing, especially when you feel like you are looking like an athlete with your athletic dog! LOL--It would be akin to falling off your horse (or falling next to your horse if you were on the ground) in front of others when all seemed to be going well. Morgan stopped immediately after I fell and started licking my face, I was laughing. We are both okay, I have a little road rash on my knees--ouch.

So, we ended up walking the rest of the way with this woman, who lives down the street and discovered she and I both know some of the same people in our respective circles. She and I talked a bit about the horses (nope, she is not a horse person) but, she admired mine and our farm. Anyhow, it was a good ending to a good workout. I headed back to the house sweaty and needing to take a rest.

Walking up the driveway, I let Morgan loose to run around and visited with the horses who were happily enjoying the sunshine and munching on some beautiful, green, hay. I am hoping to get in some time with them this weekend including but not limited to play time, trim time, and ride time! The weather appears to be in our favor and hopefully the ground will have dried out so that we don't chew it all up.

I walk away with feeling good, coughing up junk out of my lungs (a good thing), and really remembering the euphoric feelings and success I had when Morgan and I regularly walked and/or ran together. Now to figure out how to get this back into the schedule despite the lack of light, impending hostile weather, and all the hustle and bustle that is my life. Just another reason why building an indoor arena is a good idea--in addition to using it for horse time which is also lacking because of the light, weather, and schedule, Morgan and I could use it to exercise too--which is good not only for my journey to thin and fit but, it benefits my horsemanship!

What we do, how we act, and how we respond all impact not only our lives but, the lives of others. So it stands to reason that how I spend my time, the fact that I exercise (or not), what I eat, decisions that I make in all aspects of my life, determine my own destiny and my destiny impacts those in my life (my family, friends, animals, etc). Take great care when you make decisions in all areas of your life, your choices have consequences and important, no matter how small they may seem at the time. Everything in my life is so interrelated that it could be described as part of the butterfly effect and it is the same for all of you.

No comments: