About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Zumba...and horses???

Trying to figure out how to combine my two of my favorite things to do... Zumba and Horses! HMMMM--Can Lola, Fosse, or Whiskey do ZUMBA??? :) Well you know, Lola is a showgirl afterall :), Whiskey has the ability to move like he is floating on air, and Fosse, frankly is just a ton of fun and will try to do whatever you ask! :) I am GOING to figure this out.

So my brain is going a hundred miles an hour these days, I am not sleeping much, and I am not spending nearly enough time with my horses. What I have been doing is working like crazy and attending Zumba classes (in addition to my normal workout routine-gym, videos, walks, runs), working at home, and I think I've lost the balance in my life. It occurred to me that it would be fabulous to somehow combine my Zumba workouts and my horses but, I have not figured out how. I suppos I could just crank the tunes and workout in the barn or out in the field, but the horses would still be spectators. I need to find a way to do Zumba with my horse! This all brings me ot the fact that I am way behind in reviewing my Parelli materials and that my progress in my horsemanship is super slow right now because "normal" life is getting in the way---not to mention the weather.

So, over the next few weeks, I pledge to get caught up on Parelli stuff and find a way to combine Zumba and horses...I'll be sharing for sure! If you have any ideas, please share with me!

5 comments:

Parelli Central said...

How about a friendly Zumba Game? Or a liberty spotlight with Zumba? Hmmm.... You're not alone, I'm also behind in viewing my Parelli material. I'm catching up on paperwork that I didn't do all summer while being a working student and fixing up the house and trying to put enough time in with my boyfriend and my horses... It's a challenge :-)
So, best of luck to getting caught up!!!!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central

Parelli Central said...

How about Zamba Friendly Game? Or a liberty spotlight with Zamba?
Maybe it'll help if I tell you I'm behind on my Parelli Material, too. Trying to catch up with paperwork that got left behind over summer behind a working student, trying to spend time with boyfriend and horses, getting ready for next year with a new website and new offerings... It's a challenge....
Best wishes!

Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Hi Petra! Glad to see I am not alone--thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it (I often feel like I am the only one and it is quite lonely here in lonely barn land).

I am thinking that I just might put on my Zumba music and start working out with the horses there and see what happens...who cares what the neighbors think! Perhaps I'll try it with one horse at a time in the round pen...how interesting, an experiment! I bet each will react differently. If I have to play with the horse that shows up, doesn't it stand to reason that they get to play with the human that show up?! LOL

Fun, fun, fun.--And that, my friend, is what it is all about. :)

Naturally Gaited said...

Well, I think that you should become a Zumba instructor & and a WW leader (thus combining WW & Zumba with work) and leaving you with more horse time? Maybe not. But you could spend all the $ that you make meeting up with me at PNH clinics! But then again, I'm biased..

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Sounds ambitious but, certainly something I'd do! :)