About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, October 22, 2010

Just smiling...

It has been difficult to get in any horse time these days. However, over the last couple of weeks, between the bad weather and super busy work schedule, I have had some time with Fosse, Whiskey, and Lola.

Primarily I've been focusing on not focusing and just having fun whenever we can. Lola and I've been playing and working on her trotting with me in zone 3 because she often lacks impulsion. It started online and she was quite squeally about it but was trying. (She gets squeally when she is feeling challenged.) Then, we tried it at liberty and she truly got it and did it and it was fun for both of us--she is like a friend that I am playing with (so are the boys). When she'd try to stray away, I spanked her in zone 5 to get her attention with the 12 foot rope, she squealed, bucked, played, and came running back to me---what a hoot!!! We were connecting (and she also got some treats in the process). We then played many other liberty games and she is truly a great partner.Fosse and I play quite differently and lately has just spent time together, nuzzling, eating treats, and just having friendly time. Whiskey and I also spent friendly time and I rode him...chasing off the other two as they try to mug us for treats (and at other times, the 4 of us just hung out (me on Whiskey) and munched on treats. This play helps Whiskey feel higher in the herd where he is usually on the bottom. I know this brief account of horse time probably does not sound like much of anything to most of you but for me, working so much and being away from home so much, it means all the world to me. Any horse time right now is good time and I believe the horses were pleased to hang out with me. We are all just smiling...
PS. Sorry for not posting too often lately...I'll get back at it!

No comments: