About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Less Can Be More! - Parelli, Getting Started



On my previous post, I was kindly reminded that not everyone is the same as me and that less information (at least to start with) can certainly be more! I tend to be a person who desires tons of information, all at once, please, please, please, and the more the better! But, that is me, and for many, can be simply too much, overwhelming, and perhaps off-putting at times. (Thank goodness the woman I referred to in yesterday's post was thankful for the information overload.) It is funny, in my professsion, I warn my librarians to be certain to stay focused and only teach what the students need and can digest at that particular instructional opportunity and here I am in all liklihood going overboard when trying to share information! I'll chalk it up to an incredible sense of satisfaction and excitement about PNH and what it can offer horses and humans (so my intentions are pure and good).

In introducing Parelli then, it only makes sense (thanks Lisa), to recommend that people wanting to learn more purchase (or borrow) Parelli's Getting Started DVD!

From Parelli's website:

In the Get Started DVD, Pat Parelli will teach you to how to solve problems naturally, the way a horseman would. Quick fixes don't work -- learn to truly solve your problems with the natural principles of love, language, and leadership.

• See things from your horse’s perspective.

• Learn strategies that make sense to your horse.

• Understand the underlying communication and relationship issues that cause your frustrations and problems -- and know how to fix them!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

You are precious! I'm so glad you could understand my comments for exactly what they were.

Obviously, there is no "right" way to introduce someone to PNH or vice versa. I think you can turn off an introvert by over-facing and you can turn away an extrovert by not stimulating.

The key is to strike a balance that causes the introvert to be confident and the extrovert to be curious. When that happens, you have the hook and can run with it.

Parelli Central said...

Hi Michelle! Yes, the "Get Started" is a great way to introduce Parelli. It also never fails to lead by good example. Show the wow, and people will start asking "how"?
Thank you for being such an avid Parelli Student!

Petra Christensen
1Star Parelli Junior Instructor

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

I definitely agree, leading by example is so very, very important! And, thanks Petra, for such a kind compliment. :)

Naturally yours,
Michelle/arabhorselover1

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Amen, Lisa! I so wish we were closer, I think we'd have a great time together! :)

Yours ever,
Michelle/arabhorselover1 (LBE) :)

Naturally Gaited said...

But Michelle, I love you the way you are. You are ALWAYS a great resource! With my over-thinking habit, you provide me grist for the mill. ;-)

Miss you!

Clare

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks Clare! That makes me feel a bit better about my overboard LBE tendencies! LMAO. Miss you dearly! -M

Lisa said...

Michelle - whenever Clare organizes our East TN rendezvous, you'll have to break away from the North Country and come on down.

You know I wouldn't change a thing about you. Just as we consider the horse's perspective and horsenality, I think we need to apply the same care to people checking it out. How would you tailor your approach for a RBE, RBI, LBI, LBE? How do you get to know enough about the person to find out which approach might work best? It's like a courtship.

Lisa -- LBI
http://horsemanshipinharmony.blogspot.com

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

It is funny you say that, Lisa, I often apply horsenalities to people at work! LOL I need to be more aware of them wtih horse people and not make assumptions nor ignore the cues. HMMM...sounds a lot like horse-human interactions doesn't it!? :)

-M

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

It is funny you say that, Lisa, I often apply horsenalities to people at work! LOL I need to be more aware of them wtih horse people and not make assumptions nor ignore the cues. HMMM...sounds a lot like horse-human interactions doesn't it!? :)

-M

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

It is funny you say that, Lisa, I often apply horsenalities to people at work! LOL I need to be more aware of them wtih horse people and not make assumptions nor ignore the cues. HMMM...sounds a lot like horse-human interactions doesn't it!? :)

-M