About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Savvy Times Interview...How cool is that?


Just a quick heads up on what should prove to be a useful, must-read article! I was recently interviewed by Regina Preciado for an article in the Savvy Times. Be looking for Lola and I in your August 2010 Issue (among several others interviewed for the article). We will be talking about our viewpoints on how to share our love of and the knowledge of Parelli Natural Horsemanship with newbies, normals, and quizzical on-lookers based on some wonderful questions posed by Regina! How cool is that?

So, what do you do when you are around non PNHrs? :)

3 comments:

Naturally Gaited said...

Well, when I'm around regular horse folks I try to act snobby and throw a lot of Parelli jargon around.. Just kidding (I hope)!!

The best way for me is to be out in the world with Guinness, leading by example as best I can. Let others come to me begging to learn my "secrets." As Pat says, "Don't walk a mile for someone walking the other direction." That has been a hard lesson for me to learn..

Mackenzie said...

Hey Michelle,

I just stumbled across your post kind of at random, but I'm the editor of Savvy Times these days and I don't remember running an article like this... though Aug 2010 was around the time I took over the magazine so it could've gotten lost in the shuffle as we had staffers coming and going. Do you know if it ever ended up running? And if not, would you and Regina care to re-submit to savvytimes@parelli.com ?

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Hi Mackenzie,

It did run and was an article with several different interviews. You may want to talk to Regina about it. If you want me to write something for the Savvy Times, I am happy to do so as well. (FYI--my blog updates are a bit behind, be looking for all kinds of new posts in the near future.)