About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Sunday, June 27, 2010

♫♫ Just Riding in the Rain ♫♫



Just a quick post because I wanted to share this evening's fun. It was raining but I decided to ride my horse Lola anyway. I put a natural rope hackamore on her but that was it. I stood on my mounting block (it is stump that was cut high to use as a seat or mounting block) and could not get her to line up straight so she was at a 45 degree angle away from me. Rather than belabor the mounting or get too critical (this was just going to be a quick, informal, bareback ride), I didn't try to get her to line up any better. Anyhow, I was able to just grab the rein and her mane and fling my leg up and over, lowering myself on her gently. Before losing this weight, I truly think that I had lost my mounting savvy...well it is back and I am SO HAPPY! I feel like a teenager again...Riding like the wind! We rode all around the play ground and she had impulsion and moved forward quite nicely. We went from here to there using patterns, obstacles, and lots of friendly game while riding. I'd have to say that we really connected tonight! Perhaps it also has a bit to do with all of the scratches I've been giving her all day! Get this, she was on the ground and I swear she was having a seizure that way she was contorting her head and neck (and I've seen this once before). Well, Rick and I took a better look at what she was up to and she was not having a seizure but was rubbing her belly on the ground! I've never seen a horse do this quite the was she...very strange. I walked up to her and was able to pet and scratch her while she was laying down and she even started eating grass while I scratched and rubbed her (we are bonding). LOL While standing, now that I found these new spots (all underneath her), she contorts her heal, pierces her lips, and even tried to groom me back...I love her, what a cutie!

No comments: