About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hit Another Milestone!


Fosse and I had a great evening last night riding all around bareback (no bb pad) just after a rain and before the sun went down. There is noting more wonderful than feeling your horse's energy beneath you, enjoying the quiet of nature, and having fun together challenging each other. I thought about all these months that have passed and how my athleticism has grown and changed (all for the better). What I believe to be true, but have no evidence except my own experience, is that there is a difference between, for example, an athletic 200 lbs and a non athletic 200 pounds. My point is that there is way more to it than just weight. Now, after losing quite a bit, when standing on a block (or rock, or log) to mount bareback, I can easily fling my leg up and over my horse and sit quietly on their back, I never hit my horse's hindquarters. I have even just put my hands on their withers, lifted myself up and over all in one fell swoop easing my body down quietly and with savvy. I exercise all of time and am quite athletic (and studies show fat people can be athletic too). At a heavier weight, when I was not working out (months ago and before WW), I could not do that and know my horses were less than appreciative with my mounting abilities.

OK, I am going to brag...This was a great week! I lost 8.6 lbs, was able to run 20 min straight on my C25K program (got in 41 activity points-exercised 7 days and sometimes twice a day), was this week's Biggest Loser at my Weight Watchers Meeting (it sounds so funny to be happy to be a loser-lol), and met the 50lb milestone (Total loss to date, since Jan 9th, 2010 is 51 lbs! - a bag of grain or 204 sticks of butter! LOL). I am really looking forward to another successful week, have my shopping done, and menu plan is in the works. I would be remiss if I didn't give credit to my husband, Rick for being my biggest supporter and strength, my mom and sister who are equally supportive and remind me that I am on the right track, Clare a strong and supportive friend who "gets it", and of course to my WW group and Plus Sized Riders Group, you all ROCK and are helping me make this happen. I would NOT be here without you! HUGS and BIG THANKS.

My next two goals: 20% target by next Sat, July 3rd (only one pound to go) and to be in Onderland by the end of July (12.6 pounds down will get me to 199).

So, if you are contemplating eating healthier, losing weight, and or exercising, what are you waiting for? You are not getting any younger and you only live once, why not enjoy it to its fullest? JUST DO IT! If I can, you can!

My Loss Weight Chart:
Weight Chart

3 comments:

Kerrin Koetsier said...

That is so wonderful, Michelle. Well done!

Kerrin Koetsier
Parelli Central

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks, Kerrin. I have a long way to go but several supporters keeping me going, no matter what obstacle I encounter.

-Michelle

Kerrin Koetsier said...

Support is definately something that keeps us going, and I'm glad to hear that you've got that! :)

Kerrin
Parelli Central