About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Weekly Task Challenge: Practice on Video

If you don't know what to do, have little time, or just feeling stuck, try the weekly task as a way to at least do something with your horse! (It just may motivate you to do more.)

This week's task is all about self-assessment! A self-assessment is like a mirror, it is an opportunity to look within youself and be honest about what is going on whether it is at your job, with your horses, in your education...you get the point.

I challenge you to get yourself on video while playing and riding your horse and self-assess! Parelli has self-assessment checklists on the Savvy Club Website that you may consider using. What you see may surprise you. You may find that you are way better than you thought (or much worse). The only way to know is to be brave and video tape yourself! Have fun and don't worry, you don't have to share this video with anyone but yourself (unless you decide to let Parelli assess you and get your levels assessments done). ---another challenge!

*Weekly tasks are based on many different Parelli resources I have studied as well as my own ideas on how to proceed through my journey. Some of the content was copied to make it easier to put up in a timely manner. Please consult http://www.parelli.com/ for any official instructions or materials.

2 comments:

Alan said...

This is a very interesting blog and so i like to visit your blog again and again. Keep it up.

Alan

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/282065_tips-to-develop-your-courage

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thank you Alan. I also checked out your link,. Very interesting.