About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekly Task Challenge: Exercise Evaluation and Planning Time!

If you don't know what to do, have little time, or just feeling stuck, try the weekly task as a way to at least do something with your horse! (It just may motivate you to do more.)

Most of us worry about our horses' physical condition and have no problem getting them to exercise. However, our fitness is critical to our horsemanship but often overlooked. This week's challenge is to evaluate your fitness level and create a weekly plan that you can live with! Challenge yourself, vary what you do, have fun, and be safe! You will be pleasantly surprised how your talents will blossom and most importantly, your horse with thank you!

Here is my typical fitness schedule (remember, I didn't start here, this is the result of months of work):

*Videos are Leslie Sansone, Gin Miller, Janice Dulak, and Lynne Undraitis (and I am always looking for new ones).

*C25K Workouts I use the podcasts and plans but Robert Ullrey.

*At the gym I typically use the elliptical machine, Nautilus machines, and treadmill.

Feel free to e-mail me for further details!

Saturday
AM-5K Walk with WW friend / PM-C25K Run with Morgan (Great Dane)

Sunday
AM-Walk with dog (one of the little ones) or video / PM-Walk with dog (one of the little ones) or video

Monday
AM-Gym / PM-C25K Run with Morgan (Great Dane)

Tuesday
AM-Gym / PM Walk with dog (one of the little ones) or video

Wednesday
AM-Gym / PM-C25K Run with Morgan (Great Dane)

Thursday
AM-Gym / PM-Walk with dog (one of the little ones) or video

Friday
AM-Gym / PM-C25K Run with Morgan (Great Dane)

No comments: