About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, May 08, 2010

If you FOLLOW the program, it works.

So, if you follow the program it works. This is true for so many things. If you are practicing Parelli Natural Horsemanship, you know how important following the program is (it is called consistency). Well, this also applies to Weight Watchers...and I know it! This week I worked out like a maniac (45 activity points for you WW people). Unfortunately, I binged, knowingly, on junk. OYE! What is wrong with me?! I know better (and knew better during that time). I was only .8 lbs away from my 15% target and totally blew it. I am so much more fit and having a blast with the horses, why would I set myself back? What an idiot. All well, today marks the start of a new week, and I am moving forward, I am not quitting, and I am not going backwards again. I plan to reach my 15% target (39 lbs lost) by the next meeting, Saturday, May 15, 2010. This means I need to lose 2.4 lbs this week...this is doable, I know I can do it. Whew (I need to remember to breathe), this can be difficult...my new lifestyle is not without its challenges! LOL

After my WW meeting and the 5k practice walk this morning, I went to Hannaford's (our best grocery store) and purchased all kinds of delicious fresh fruits and vegetables, seafood, and a few new, unique salsas. I have a menu plan in place and feel ready to get back to business and stay completely on program! I am going to workout tonight too!

This week, I pledge to eat right, no binging, and lots of activity this week. I will journal everything, write one victory per day of something I did well, and limit my carb intake (particularly junk carbs). I must remember this is a lifestyle not only for me and my vanity, but for my horsemanship! *SMILES*

Here is an updated record of how much I've lost (or gained) each week:

Week 1: January 9, 2010, Started Weight Watchers

Week 2: January 16, 2010, Lost 6.2 lbs, Total Lost 6.2 lbs

Week 3: January 23, 2010, Lost 1.6 lbs, *Started Exercising Regularly, Total Lost 7.8 lbs

Week 4: January 30, 2010, Lost 3.8 lbs, Total Lost 11.6 lbs

Week 5: February 6, 2010, Lost 3 lbs *Reached 5% Weight-loss Target!, Total Lost 14.6 lbs

Week 6: February 13, 2010, Lost 2.4 lbs, Total Lost 17 lbs

Week 7: February 20, 2010, Gained .2 lbs, Total Lost 16.8 lbs

Week 8: February 27, 2010, Lost 1.6 lbs, Total Lost 18.4 lbs

Week 9: March 6, 2010, Lost 5.6 lbs, *Biggest Loser at the Meeting!, Total Lost 24 lbs

Week 10: March 13, 2010, Lost .8 lbs, Total Lost 24.8 lbs

Week 11: March 20, 2010, Lost .2 lbs *Reached 25 lbs Lost Milestone!, Total Lost 25 lbs

Week 12: March 27, 2010, Lost 3.4 lbs *Reached 10% Weight-loss Target!, Total Lost 28.4 lbs

Week 13: April 3, 2010, Lost 2.6 lbs, Total Lost 31 lbs

Week 14: April 10, 2010, Lost .8 lbs, Total Lost 31.8 lbs

Week 15: April 17, 2010, Gained 1.0 lb, Total Lost 30.8 lbs

Week 16: April 24, 2010, Lost 1.6 lbs, *Celebrating 16 Weeks on Program!, Total Lost 32.4 lbs

Week 17: May 1, 2010, Lost 5.8 lbs, *Biggest Loser at Meeting, Total Lost 38.2 lbs

Week 18: May 8, 2010, Gained 1.6 lbs, Total Lost 36.6 lbs

2 comments:

Naturally Gaited said...

Hey, don't beat yourself up! Remember not to get too "direct line" about the weight loss. It is all about the journey. As Rick pointed out, you are making changes for your LIFE!

You are doing great. Hang in there. I'm looking forward to seeing less of you soon! ;-)

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks, Clare, I am looking forward to our visit too. Today, since it is snowing (I know, it is MAY!), I am cleaning out my closets and throwing away clothes...they are too big! YEAH! :)